LIHYP – Linking Hydrogen Power Potentials in the North Sea Region
LYHYP works to push a joined approach for H2 deployment in regional H2 applications based on interregional databased roadmaps. The roadmaps are feeded by actual infrastructurerelated pilots data that enables and upscales H2 developments to meet Fit for 55 targets.
Following and committing to roadmaps, LIHYP will give relevant management information in support to decision making for SMES, municipalities, counties, governments, universities & educational institutes.
LIHYP will realize:
- A NSR H2 platform-marketplace linking H2 relevant stakeholders.
- Data mining for demand, production and supply of H2 from now till 2030.
- Steps towards managing shortages and surpluses of H2 production.
- Steps to system integration for H2 infrastructures, harmonization and standardization.
- Promote incentives for H2, contribute to level playing field with fossil fuels.
- Commit LIHYP partners and her associates (about 2000 SMES) to Fit-for-55 targets by drawing up and communicate local-regional-NSR(H2) roadmaps/strategy plans till 2030, based on predictive data analysis.
- Entrepreneurs, investors and public authorities using roadmaps for business modelling to plan NSR investments and capacities.
- H2 demonstrators to learn from, showcase and promote H2 applications.
Hydrogen Valley is one of the 20 partners in the consortium in LIHYP.
With our participation in LIHYP, we look forward to contributing to the development of European regional roadmaps towards an established hydrogen market across national borders. From Hydrogen Valley’s side, we will, among other things, map the regulatory barriers for hydrogen for heavy transport. And together with Eurowind, we will jointly look at the possibilities of coupling wind/solar with electrolysis and possible hydrogen filling station (HRS) around Handest Hede.
The project consortium consists of the following companies and institutions:
Belgium: WaterstofNet, Urban Waterway Logistics, P&E Lowlands
Denmark: Hydrogen Valley/Cemtec Fonden, Eurowind Energy
France: Centre de Conseil et d’Innovation en Logistique, Institut du Droit International des Transports, Communautaire Urbaine du Havre
Germany: Oldenburger Energiecluster OLEC e.V., Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt, Energy Hub Emsland Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH, Carl-von-Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Bremer Mineralölhandel GmbH, Bentheimer Eisenbahn, atene KOM GmbH
Netherlands: Stichting New Energy Coalition (Lead Partner), Kiwa Technology B.V., Provincie Drenthe, Groningen Airport Eelde, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
2022 – 2026
Søren Bjerregaard Pedersen
CEO, Hydrogen valley
+45 2027 9242
The project is funded by the EU within the framework of the Interreg 6B North Sea programme